Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Power of Positive Thinking

As a newbie to conscious vs subconscious thought, I recently learnt something that sounded so simple, yet I wondered why it was never so obvious to me in the past?
Our conscious mind has events rushing through to us at up to 2 million bits of information per second. Our conscious mind isn't quite capable of processing all 2 million bits of this, and can only realistically process approximately 134 bits of information per second. 
The part that I found most interesting, was the "filter" that we develop, which determines what kind of bits of information we sort through, to have that small 134 bits make the cut.

It can only take one or two emotional or negative experiences, that causes our subconscious to stay with this way of thinking. So what do you think the type of content your 134 bits then starts to think about and filter? Hello Debbie Downer, please vacate my headspace.

Quite simply, if you are constantly thinking negative, you will attract the negative. We take that one crappy experience, and then assume that all other similar situations will most likely occur the same way. He cheated so the next one will... If it happened once, it will happen again, and again, and again.
While you might not actually magically make these situations appear out of thin air, the odds are certainly very high that while you think these negative thoughts, you will attract the kind of people that are also capable of these negative actions and maybe a small part of you will think that you deserve this.

I haven't become an expert in the few short weeks since learning this useful bit of information, but I have realised that it's all to do with your attitude and your conscious and subconscious thoughts. So no more excuses and negative talk/vibes/feelings about things in the past not worth our time. Instead my aim is to focus on the power of positive thinking, things that make me happy, surrounding myself by people that make me happy and in turn, teaching myself to suck in as many 134 bits of love and happiness that I can. If I DO deserve happiness, if i DO deserve a partner that will be A, B and C, then i'm already increasing my chances of making this happen, purely by the way I think.



Pic: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts!