Thursday, February 6, 2014

Goal Visibility

I've previously posted about setting Goals, which you can read about here
 
After last nights thought provoking Yoga class, I realised that aside from the goals that I set for myself at the beginning of this year, along the path that has led me to February, I have picked up certain other goals that I'd like to complete.
 
These goals are slightly different for me, as they don't necessarily require my standard, favourite method of goal setting. No bullet points required, no mantra's or manifesto's to go hand in hand with these goals, but quite simply a visual image.
 
The goal came about as I attended yoga and thought to myself, I can really improve on this, and I want to, because there will be a huge sense of accomplishment if I practise at this, and can pull it off.
 
Part of the motivation for this has been following health and fitness accounts on Instagram, where you can see various fit females doing dancer's pose on top of a cliff, a perfectly performed plank on the beach etc
 
While many of us stay away from these accounts because of the "unattainable" nature they posses, I like to think of them differently... as proof that the unattainable is actually quite attainable.
If you set your mind to it, practise and enjoy the process, why shouldn't it be possible for you too?
 
So with that in mind, here is my visual goal.
My aim:
 
 
 


First attempt:
 


 
 
As you can see, I don't completely suck at the first attempt. But my aim is to perfect this, so that it becomes effortless, enjoyable and so that the perfectionist in me can be satisfied.
 
* I practise this during my Yoga sessions with a qualified and amazing yoga teacher. Practise in your living room at your own risk... for fear it leads to last weeks breakdancing catastrophe
Which you can also laugh about here
 
 
Words: My Own
Images: My Own | Google Images
 
 


1 comment:

I would love to know your thoughts!