Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Faves

This weeks Friday Faves!
Happy Friday all!
 
 
1. Have you heard of David Thorne? He's the guy behind "that spider email" that went viral, the one where he draws a picture of a spider as payment.
 
Google Images
 
I've spent all week reading other hilarious extracts from his website, and this one is one of my favourites. You probably can relate, if you work with or know of, someone that is so particular about their belongings, and so easy to wind up. Oh wait... I think I'm that person too.
 
An extract:
 
Good morning Simon,
No, I have decided not to do time-sheets anymore. I'm not a robot.I actually missed you while you were away. To counter this, I placed a plank of wood in your chair and wrote ‘Simon’ on it. He said I could use your stuff. Regards, David.
Read more here:
 

 
2. Tv Series - The Returned (Les Revenants)
 
In a small mountain town, dead people reappear, apparently alive and normal: road accident victim teenager Camille, suicidal bridegroom Simon, a small boy named "Victor", and Serge, a serial killer. They try to resume their lives as strange phenomena occur; amongst recurring power outages, the water level of the reservoir mysteriously lowers, revealing the presence of dead animals and a church steeple, and strange marks appear on the bodies of the living and the dead.
This show was so popular that the US are making their own version
 
* This series is in French, with English subtitles


Google Images
 
 
3. Sweet Stationary

I love cute and fancy stationary, but this one nails it for two reasons... hot pink and mean girls.
Sayings such as "That's so Fetch, Grool, I Know Right, You're Like Really Pretty", and my favourite - "You Go Glen Coco"

Etsy
 
Purchase here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/162266250/mean-girls-assorted-engraved-pencil-set?ref=&sref=


4. Frozen Dough Co Cookies

Run by some local Northern Beaches ladies, these babies come already pre-made, home-made and frozen, for you to pop into the oven and bake at your convenience.
Mouth watering flavour combo's like
- Salted Oatmeal and White Chocolate (my favourite)
- Cocoa, Raspberry and Coconut
- Chocolate, Almonds, Pecan and Whiskey

You can find them and their sweet smelling stall on Friday's at Warriewood Growers Markets, and Saturdays at Bondi Farmers Markets
Online ordering and delivery now available also
http://www.frozendoughco.com.au/
 

 
Frozen Dough Co Facebook


5. Talented Friends
 
My wonderfully talented friend Nadia has come leaps and bounds since starting her blogging career one year ago.
She is now in the process of finalising the release of her first e-book.
Check out her fantastic blog if you have the chance, and also go into the running to win a copy of one of her e-books by following the steps below
 
Entries are open until midnight on Monday 10th March 2014 AEDST and the winners will be announced via Instagram

 

Mum and Daughter Blog



Words: My Own


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts!