Thursday, August 29, 2013

M is for Manifesto

Manifesto; a public proclamation of what you intend to do with your future and intention is what brings purpose, meaning and significance to life.

When you write a manifesto, you are making a promise to yourself and the rest of the world about who you are and what you are going to do with your life.
Maybe you have dreams, aspirations, intentions, and you don't know how to get these out into the world?

By writing your own manifesto, you will remind yourself of everything that you stand for and what you value in life. Manifesto's are integral, during times when you start to doubt yourself, or question the type of person that you turn into around certain people. By reading your manifesto, you remind yourself of who you are, who you want to be, and what is important to you.
A manifesto should be a beautiful, inspiring, crazy, amazing, honest and refreshing entry to remind yourself of all that you want to achieve and experience for the rest of your life.

Is the rest of your life too large an expectation? Start with a manifesto for the rest of this year, and take it from there.
Make it public if you so choose, and use it as a constant reminder for you to proclaim what you stand for, what you value and what you are going to do.
If you aren't the sharing kind, keep this for yourself, and read as a daily reminder on the path that you are on.

Not sure how to get started? You can create your manifesto on the back of a shopping docket, on your iPhone, in a new journal (the best excuse to buy one if ever there was!) or printed out and stuck on your fridge, work cubicle, vision board etc.
Let me start you in the right direction...

* I believe in working hard and reaping the rewards
* I believe in finding happiness in the smallest of things
* I believe in taking risks, following my heart and pushing myself 
* I believe in my abilities and purpose
* I believe that tomorrow is a brand new day
* I believe that anything is possible

Now go and write down yours...




Image: Pinterest
Words: My Own | MOVE - Lorna Jane Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts!