Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Roadblocks and Hurdles



If you're a regular visitor to this little blog, firstly, thank you. You may have noticed there has been a longer length between posts.

Quite often, we can't always pull something poignant from our depths, and sometimes we just wake up one morning, and come face to face with a few hurdles.
Life is great, things are happy and happening, new things are occurring which I couldn't be more excited about, the kind of excited where your face hurts from grinning... yet I still felt like there was an obstacle in my way.

I guess this became the perfect example as to why I created this blog. To be that forum for those that woke up and came across their own hurdles, to come here, read through, and if nothing else, feel positive, motivated and self assured.
So last week it was my turn. Things were busy, things were stressful and I started to see glimpses of the old anxious me that I've worked so hard to conquer.
This was just a reminder that nobody is perfect, and we can always do more to look after ourselves and work on what we need to.

Without the loving support network I have, maybe I would still be in that funk?
Writing it down, talking it out, sweating it out and remembering to relax and enjoy the moment was really just the reminder that I needed. I go on so much about having your Sisters of Support network but last week I really did have it and it was awesome. It works. I don't write about what I don't know, and I don't write about what I don't experience, so trust me when I say, the support network works. Use it. Spread the love xxx

I came across this over the weekend and felt like it was the best reminder:

"If you're depressed, you're living in the past. If you 're anxious, you're living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present"
 ~ Lao Tzu

So what did I do?
I got the feelings out on paper. I vented to a friend. I said no to offers that I knew would only aggravate my mood, and I implemented a new eating plan. Emotions weren't the only thing at play here, I was getting so bored of eating the same routine, it was time to switch it up.

Basically, so many options for me to pep myself up and to look forward. There is so much to be happy about and grateful for. Allow yourself to have a meltdown if you feel like that's what needs to happen, some days are just plain shit, and we all have them, then get back on track and remember all the things you have to look forward to!

This week is a much different week, and after this week, next week will probably be even better. But we'll figure that out when we get to it :-)

Happy Wednesday 
x



Words: My Own
Image: Pinterest|My Own

2 comments:

I would love to know your thoughts!