Thursday, January 2, 2014

Twenty Fourteen


I always think of a new year the same as when you buy or go to use a new notepad, notebook or diary. Fresh, clean, unused - a blank canvas full of promises, hopes and dreams. A space to use it for what you will, and make of it what you want. 

My New Years Eve wasn't an extravagant, fancy affair, but it was spent celebrating with friends, with sun, fun and bubbles. I woke on the 1st January in a bed made with fresh sheets, in a clean, vacuumed room, to the sound of cicadas, a morning breeze through my window, and the faint smell of my Diptyque candle. I didn't sleep in, but I woke refreshed, and with the feeling that I didn't want to waste the day. 
Today would set the tone for the start of this new year. 
The year I aim to Dream, Believe, Achieve.


A quick breakfast, then off for a morning walk with my mum, a stop for coffee (me), Lemongrass and Ginger tea (mum), quick selfie at the beach and then a walk back.
This was followed by laying by a pool with family and reading a new book, and then an afternoon of lit candles, a bowl of cherries and making my mark on the new notebook I did receive for Christmas - the very place for my promises, hopes and dreams.

So for those of you that read this blog for its varied reasons - the fitness side, the motivation side, the writing side, the images side, or the pure fact that you are a dear friend and so lovely to support me by reading regardless, take a minute to think how you would like to set the tone for your 2014. How will you use your fresh, clean, unused blank canvas to fulfil your promises, hopes and dreams?

2014... I am ready




Words: My Own
Images: Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts!